COBÁ MAYAN ENCOUNTER
Visit the impressive archaeological site of Coba and discover the amazing Nohoch Mul, the highestemple in the Yucatan Peninsula. From the top you will have stunning views of the jungle. Visit a secluded Mayan village and enjoy its well preserved natural beauties, lagoons, cenotes (sinkholes), jungle paths, and the natural reserve that protects the local flora and fauna. Rappel down thrilling cenotes and soar the canopy in breathtaking ziplines, swim in hidden caves and walk through the jungle learning about the environment. Enjoy a lush meal of typical food, soft drinks and hand-made tortillas. Photographers of the Maya communities will take great pictures of you during the activities!
|COBÁ MAYAN ENCOUNTER|
Tours ideal for passengers who are visiting the destination for the first time, show the classic and most important aspects of the place visited
Tour Recommended for customers who visit the destination a second time.
FA&ST: Fun, Activity & Sport Tours
Golf, cycling, hiking, Segways, fishing, kayaking, sailing… anything a sportsman’s heart desires.
- Pick-up at hotels in the Riviera Maya or Cancun.
- Arrival at Coba or Mayan village (According to the logistics).
- Maya Encounter (3.5 hours)
- You will have the opportunity to see how the Maya people live today and experience extraordinary adventure activities in the jungle.
- Rappel. We will teach you to rappel into impressive cenote (sinkhole), descending approximately 17 meters.
- Hiking. Walk through the jungle and learn about the flora and fauna of the region.
- Swimming. A refreshing dip in the crystal clear, fresh water of the cenotes (underground caves).
- Two ziplines crossing. Experience the amazing feeling of flying through the pristine rainforest and over the Cayman Cenote or the Cenote de la Vida.
- Canoe or kayak. Setting out on a gentle canoe trip on fresh water lagoon you will be able to appreciate the exquisite natural surroundings.
- Maya ritual. Be part of an authentic blessing Maya ceremony that a shaman will perform for you.
- Traditional meal. Enjoy an authentic Maya menu including soup, chicken, vegetables, rice, beans and hand-made corn tortillas.
COBA (2:00 HOURS)
Visit temples and the legendary ballgame of this majestic archeological site. Follow the paths to arrive at the Nohoch Mul, the highest temple in the whole Yucatan Peninsula, from the top of which you will enjoy breathtaking views of the amazing jungle that surrounds the site. Optional bike rental is available at the site.
04:30 to 05:30 p.m. Drop-off at hotels in Riviera Maya or Cancun (approximately time).
THE EXPEDITION INCLUDES:
transportation for small groups, traditional lunch, water, archaeological tour guide, entrance fee to Coba, equipment required for activities, towel and lockers.
Bring comfortable shoes, fresh clothing, bathing suit, hat, extra shirt and cash or credit card for crafts and photos.
This expedition is not suitable for physically challenged, or people who suffer heart conditions, respiratory or back problems. It is not recommended for pregnant women or children under 6 years old. People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substances won’t be allowed to participate. For safety reasons, at Cenote Maya, using cameras and recording devices of any kind (including cell phones, or tablets) are not allowed, except for "action cam" (Go Pro) style, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion.