EK BALAM CENOTE MAYA
Visit the archaeological site of Ek’Balam, an ancient Mayan city that knew its glory before Chichen Itza. This archaeological site is one of the latest Mayan archaeological attractions because of its most recent restoration works. Explore the majestic Cenote Maya, with the largest dome in the Yucatan Peninsula. You can swim in this natural jewel and enjoy some adventure activities. Discover the Mayan culture, participate in an authentic blessing ceremony and enjoy traditional buffet prepared with organic vegetables.
|EK BALAM CENOTE MAYA|
Tours ideal for passengers who are visiting the destination for the first time, show the classic and most important aspects of the place visited
Tour Recommended for customers who visit the destination a second time.
FA&ST: Fun, Activity & Sport Tours
Golf, cycling, hiking, Segways, fishing, kayaking, sailing… anything a sportsman’s heart desires.
SPECIAL INTEREST – Theme Tours
Highlighting available themes and special events at each destination, such as cultural, artistic, historic, gastronomic, etc.
- Pick-up at hotels in the Riviera Maya or Cancun.
- Arrival at Ek’Balam or Cenote Maya Park (According to the logistics).
- Ek’Balam (1:45 hours). This archaeological site is one of the most impressive ceremonial centers of the Yucatan Peninsula, you will witness the incredible decoration of temples and plazas. Admire the unique sculptures in high relief that have surprised archaeologists and visitors.
- Cenote Maya (3:00 hours at the park).
- Visit and refresh yourself at the Cenote Maya: Descend into the region’s most impressive Cenote of 60 m diameter and an almost perfect circular shape. Swim in crystal clear waters and admire its rock formations. This is the biggest cenote with dome in the Yucatan Peninsula found so far. Ascend from the underworld through a tunnel or use the large wooden staircase.
- Optional included adventure activities. Swimming, diving, Trepachanga (ropes), Tarzan vine and rappel down 26 m (85 feet). 264 lbs is the maximum weight for the rappel activity.
- Maya ritual. Be part of an authentic Mayan blessing ceremony that will be performed by a local shaman.
- Traditional meal. Enjoy an authentic Mayan menu including soup, chicken, vegetables, rice, beans and hand-made corn tortillas.
THE EXPEDITION INCLUDES:
- Transportation for small groups (maximum 19 people), traditional lunch, water, archaeological tour guide, entrance fee to Ek’Balam, equipment required for activities, towel and lockers.
- Bring comfortable shoes, fresh clothing, bathing suit, hat, extra shirt and cash or credit card for crafts and photos.
- This expedition is not suitable for physically challenged, or people who suffer heart conditions, respiratory or back problems. It is not recommended for pregnant women or children under 6 years old. People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substances won’t be allowed to participate.
- For safety reasons, at Cenote Maya, using cameras and recording devices of any kind (including cell phones, or tablets) are not allowed, except for "action cam" (Go Pro) style, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion.